Friday, January 25, 2008

Let's Do God's Will


Today's reading is found in Exodus 7:1-7. God spoke to Moses and told him He would set the people of Israel free. Unfortunately, the king of Egypt would not listen or obey God's command. No matter what miracles and wondrous signs God performed, the Egyptian king would simply become more and more stubborn. But Pharaoh's unwillingness to surrender would simply give God grounds to punish the entire Egyptian nation for their cruelty against His people. No matter who stood in the way, they would be crushed in order to give way to God's perfect will!


Today I've learned that God's power is incredibly awesome. He will do what He wishes whether I listen or not. Though, He desires that I surrender my life to Him so that I can enjoy His blessings. But if I choose not to listen or obey, then He will still do what He wants, and then He'll bring forth judgement. Let us do God's will. It's much better than having to suffer the consequences.

No comments: